Friday, December 21, 2007

California Here I Come!

I can't wait to get out of this New York weather for a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I love my city but I could really do without 30 degree days and 20 degree nights for a little while. I know it's not 80 degrees and sunny in the Bay Area right now either, but I'm just in the mood for a change in atmosphere.

The sun's a little brighter, the streets are a little calmer and the smell of the Pacific just puts me in the right frame of mind.

Last year was my first trip to San Fran for the holidays and I'm thinking of making it a tradition. I feel like my year just starts off on the right note.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll make the move out there. My Dad was born and raised in San Mateo - he moved out here when he met my mother. Now I've met a woman whose family is from - believe it or not - San Mateo! So I guess I'd just be coming full circle if a ditched the East Coast and moved (back) out West.

I'm also pretty psyched because I get to meet some friends who I've only had the opportunity to communicate with over the phone.

So I'm leaving Sunday - farewell New York City (take care of her while I'm gone people!).

blog comments powered by Disqus